Published articles are available for download here.
What Does Our Biennial Grassroots Influence Pulse® Research Tell You to Prioritize in 2017?
The Grassroots Influence Pulse (GRIP®) research is a biennial research project that my colleague Dr. Kelton Rhoads and I initiated in 2014 to assess trends in current grassroots influence tactics and most important, legislator responses to those influence tactics. In other words, are the tactics effective?
- Investment of staff time and resources on specific grassroots techniques
- Trends in legislator receptivity
- Which activities lead to improved legislator relationships
- The most admired grassroots organizations
- Associations between time spent and influence results
New findings for 2017 include:
- How grassroots professionals define grassroots success (our profession has work to do here)
- The predictors of legislative success (does a large data base equal grassroots success?)
- Trends in specific legislator behaviors (there is good and bad news)
- Trends in regulator influence tactics
Whether positive or negative messages prevail in advocacy messaging
- The effect of research and training on your legislator relationships (yes, it matters)
If you’d like a copy of the report slide deck, please request it here: