political action committees
a valuable resource to organizations that want to improve their PAC and grassroots effectiveness
What We Do:
Political Action Committees
Three Reasons Your PAC Communications Don’t Persuade People to Contribute
PAC fundraising best practices, such as peer to peer recruitment, senior management support, etc., are well known among seasoned PAC professionals. Yet, the average PAC participation rate has stayed in the 18%-33% range for the last 15 years (BIPAC). With the proliferation of PAC fundraising best practices, why isn’t PAC participation at 90%? I believe it’s because the rationale for joining the PAC is poorly developed and does not take into consideration the science of PAC persuasion. We believe your PAC can and should be more than a conduit to distribute candidate contributions. It can have a purpose — a purpose that creates greater understanding of the risks in your external operating environment, and the motivations of opposing special interest groups, which leads to…greater emotional allegiance to your organization.
We believe your PAC can and should be more than a conduit to distribute candidate campaign funds. It can have a purpose — a purpose that creates greater understanding of the risks in your external operating environment, and the motivations of opposing special interest groups, which leads to…greater emotional allegiance to your organization.
The hallmarks of IP’s PAC success are their research-based approach to PAC fundraising, rigorous post-campaign research, and a high degree of collaboration between the Government Affairs team and the PAC Board of Directors.
We have joined forces with the IP team over the years, which have included the following interventions and results:
- Designing and deploying research to determine what predicts that an IP PAC prospect will or will not give at the new suggested giving guidelines. The inferential statistical analysis allows the IP team to create precise messaging that encourages guideline giving, because we are now able to predict future PAC prospect behavior.
- Conducting a PAC awareness and message retention survey to uncover the level of general PAC awareness in various facilities across the country. The result? New messages were integrated into the fundraising campaign, and the campaign exceeded the goal by 137% in a down economy.
- Conducting a statistical analysis of the behaviors of the most successful peer to peer PAC recruiters and instituting those as best practices for a broad PAC fundraising campaign. The result? The next PAC campaign garnered over 600 new contributors, the goal was exceeded by 154%, and there was a 27% annual increase in receipts.
- Facilitating a PAC board strategic planning session that encouraged the Board members to jointly determine their fundraising goals and approach, thus maximizing their buy-in.
- Using our Purposeful PAC ™ methodology, we designed a new power point presentation and delivered training workshops to equip over 150 PAC Champions to recruit their colleagues to join the PAC.
“Amy’s approach works! Our board members said the strategic planning session was the best meeting they ever attended. We now have board member ownership of the PAC fundraising process through personal accountability, goals, and group metrics. Despite a tough economy, we have routinely exceeded our fundraising goals. As we continue to collaborate with Amy and Dr. Rhoads, our PAC has grown from $789,000.00 per cycle to over $1.3 million per cycle.”
Get In Touch
Get In Touch
The Showalter Group, Inc.
4030 Smith Road
Cincinnati, OH 45209